Troubleshooting Microprocessor techniques solve the prolems that arisesdue to the improper functioning of the microprocessor.
A microprocessor produces heat while processing the data. The microprocessor also overheats when it is performorming beyond the recommended speed.Overheating can cause permanent damage to the microprocessor.
To solve the proble of overheating:
1. Check that the microprocessor fan is installed and functioning properly.
2. Ensure that the heat sink compound is properly in contact with the processor and the heat sink assembly and is not dried up.
3. Check the jumper settings on the motherboard and the BIOS settings to see that the microprocessor is not overlocked.
4. Check that the voltage supplied by the motherboard is compatible with the microprocessor.
5. Check the motherboard manual to see that the motherboards supports the microprocessor.
The microprocessor generally runs slow if there is some fault within it.
To sole the Problem of slow processing:
1. Check if the vendor has supplied the correct microprocessor.
2. Check whether the microprocessor is compatible with the motherboard by reffering to the manual.
3. Check the CPU fan whether its properly rotating.
4. Check if the Microprocessor supports the applications that are running.
5. Scan the computer for viruses.
6. Check the jumper settings on the motherboard and the bios settings of the microprocessor.
7. Troubleshoot the RAM.
3) NO Display
The Computer can may encounter a problem of no diplay . This problem may be dure to processor failure. At this moment the system generates beep codes about the processor failure.You may have to replace the processor in sucjh a situation.
To sole the problem of no display:
1. Check whether the CPU fan is functioning properly.
2. Ensure that tha processor with heat sink assembly is propwerly installed.
3. Restore the BIOS seetting to default state and check whether the problem has been solved.
MY Note: Replace the processor with the same specification. The speed, voltage , FSB and cache size of the new procezsoe should match with that of the old processor.